EXPRESS MIXLR BROADCAST

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TURRIS SCRATCHED IN CALGARY


Kyle Turris is a healthy scratch tonight for the Phoenix Coyotes in Calgary.

Don't worry, he will play in Vancouver Thursday night.

Here's the story I found on the Coyotes website.

CALGARY - I spoke to rookie Kyle Turris about being scratched from tonight’s game. He said he was disappointed but that he understood Head Coach Wayne Gretzky’s decision and accepts it.

“He told me to relax, take a step back and watch the game and learn from it,” Turris said after I asked him how Gretzky broke the news to him. “I’m a bit nervous (on the ice) right now and I don’t want to screw up, but he said just to relax and have fun, play my game and things will come.”

Gretzky said Turris would play on Thursday night when they Coyotes play at Vancouver. I asked Turris what he thinks he needs to do better once he gets back on the ice.

“I’ve got to get back to playing my game and just have fun out there,” Turris said “Right now, I’m hesitating, I’m forcing things and I’m not skating like I usually do because I am too worried about making a mistake or being in the wrong position instead of just letting it happen and letting it flow.”

I then asked Turris how he would approach being a spectator for tonight’s game.

“I’m definitely going to be watching and visualizing myself out there making plays, and seeing the pace of the game.”

Thanks for reading.

Written by Dave Vest. VP of News content for the Phoenix Coyotes.

No comments: