EXPRESS MIXLR BROADCAST

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

PITO WALTON COMMITMENT


The Coquitlam Express have signed a commitment letter with defenceman Pito Walton (99).

Walton is a Peapack, New Jersey native where he spent the 2017-18 season with the North Jersey Avalanche T1EHL. In 27 games he tallied 4 goals 11 assists for 15 points.

“I'd call myself an offensive defenceman. But I take care of the defensive side of the game first. You see in the NHL today that the defence is a big part of the offence. The NHL player I model myself after is Pittsburgh's Kris Letang” says Walton.



“He is a very smart defender with a high IQ. He skates well and will be a very strong part of our back end. He is a 200 ft player that can make an impact on the attack or defending. Pito possesses a heavy shot and we are excited to add a player of his character and abilities.” Says Express Head Coach and GM Jason Fortier.

“Coquitlam sounded like a great place to play. Speaking with Jason Fortier, I wanted to be a part of it right away.” says Walton.

Walton is committed to Princeton University for the fall of 2019. He feels his time with the Express will be very helpful to prepare for Princeton. “Coquitlam will be a great spot to get me prepared. Working on my game every day, competing against very skilled players and great competition will be a great way for me to get better.” says Walton.

Welcome to the Express Pito.

No comments: